10 Jan Pantone Color of The Year 2020 Inspiration mood board
Pantone Color of the Year 2020 is Classic Blue.
Every year for over 20 years, Pantone has chosen a color to represent the upcoming year. Pantone Color Institute has announced that this year’s color is PANTONE 19-4052 Classic Blue. Color of the Year has an impact on product development and purchasing decisions in multiple industries, including fashion, furniture, packaging, and design.
“We are living in a time that requires trust and faith. It is this kind of constancy and confidence that is expressed by PANTONE 19-4052 Classic Blue, a solid and dependable blue hue we can always rely on. Imbued with a deep resonance, Classic Blue provides an anchoring foundation. A boundless blue evocative of the vast and infinite evening sky, Classic Blue encourages us to look beyond the obvious to expand our thinking; challenging us to think more deeply, increase our perspective and open the flow of communication.” (Leatrice Eiseman, Executive Director of the Pantone Color Institute)
You can become even more trendy and easily incorporate this color into your clothing and interior. I have put together a list of how I would add something classic blue into my life. I also made a mood board for that. As I graphic designer I think it is my duty to have something in the color of the year every year.
Please note that this post contains affiliate links. You can read the full disclosure.
Because of the simplicity of this color and the color does not scream at you, it’s quite easy to add things into your life in that same color. Probably you already have something.
- You could never have enough of new bedding. I have a darker blue version of it and a striped one, but I really would like something in classic blue. I have found some examples;
Solid Blue option
The white and blue option
Solid reversible microfiber duvet cover set
Spiderman Microfiber Supreme set (for my oldest son)
Solid Color Egyptian Cotton Duvet Cover Luxury Bedding Set (more expensive option but I could buy it as a gift to myself)
- Jeans are the easiest way to incorporate the color into your life. For now, I have one pair of dark blue jeans because I did a huge clean-up in my closet and gave away 2/3 of my wardrobe. So right now there is room for one classic blue pair of jeans.
ASOS Design Farleigh high waisted slim mom jeans
Jack&Jones Slim tapered fit jeans (for the husband)
Super Skinny High Jeggings
Super Soft Skinny Fit Jeans (for the little guys)
ZW Premium Skinny Mellow Blue Jeans
- What´s Your Poison? My go-to cocktails are gin&tonic and vodka with soda water and lime but it has been a long time since I got to have one of them drinks. I think it is time to have a little get together with friends and have one of them drinks. Maybe we could try to be our own bartenders and make some awesome new and blue cocktails. I found some recipes on an awesome site for drinks:
Blue Lagoon Margarita
Something Blue Cocktail
Blue Bayou Cocktail
- Our couch right now is full of marks that we have little children at home. I am a little bit terrified to even think of buying a new sofa and the old one is still holding up but a girl can dream and until we have found our new home, the old one will have to do it for now. However here are some options:
Lonsdale 106″ Reversible Modular Sectional (L-Shaped)
Clarita Overstuffed Modular Sectional with Ottoman (U-Shaped, I like it)
Monterosso Left Hand Facing Corner Sofa, Sapphire Blue Velvet (i like this one too)
Kivik U-Shaped Sofa 6-seat (different shade of blue)
Enderlin Sofa (maybe for the office)
- I think having some beautiful artwork around your home will really make a difference. Because we are living in a rental apartment we can not but up a lot of paintings. When we do get the chance to move and have our own home I really want to hang up some inspiring and eye-pleasing work. I got a little carried away with the options.
Nordic Contemporary Modern Art
Blue wall art Gold Print Marble (favorite and I really like the sofa on the picture too)
Ocean Poster (for the future office space)
Sea Aerial Photograph Poster
Superheroes POP Poster (for my oldest son)
Vintage Africa Poster (It is not blue but on a blue wall it would look awesome and this print would be perfect for my youngest son)
These examples are not in blue but I could do something similar and use blue color as a background or on the lines. I would put these up in the kitchen/bar area:
Coffee Chart Poster
Cocktail Chart Poster (I could add there my favorite cocktails)
Pasta Chart Poster (I love my Italian food)
- I love coffee and I like my morning cup to be a big one. I usually don’t have more than one cup. My favorite 18oz cup is starting to crack and I am in need of a new one. I found some options for smaller and bigger cups:
Blue Haze Tea/Coffee Cup
Allaryce Polka Stripes Bone China Coffee Mug (Set of 4)
Fiesta 18 oz. Coffee Mug
13oz Stoneware Embossed Sweater Mug Blue – Opalhouse™
Belmont Stoneware Reactive Mug 16oz Set of 4 – Threshold™ (I like the blue inside the mugs)
- Headphones are a must when you want to zone out and get your working mode on. My recent headphones broke so it’s time for a new one. How convenient, right?
Beats Solo Pro Wireless Noise Cancelling On-Ear Headphones
Sony WH-CH700N Wireless Bluetooth Noise Canceling Over the Ear Headphones with Alexa Voice Control
JBL E55BT Wireless Over-Ear Headphones
Less expensive options:
Intera Bluetooth Headphones Over-Ear
SEVIZ Wireless Bluetooth Headphones
There was a lot of selection for something blue which made it pretty easy to find things. The difficult part was the right color of blue but I think it is okay to have different shades of it and still be trendy.
if you do not want blue things you could always have your walls painted blue.
What are your thoughts on the Pantone color of the year 2020? Please, I would really like to know.